- Digital Product Manager with a strong focus on B2C eCommerce, customer experience and delivery.
- 13+ years practice in product and project related roles.
- Wide range of expertise in interfacing business, development and design (UX) teams.
- Passionate about products; good attention to detail, organised, and creatively challenges new ideas to keep the product fresh and on top of the market.
JUST EAT | Product Manager | http://www.just-eat.com | Feb 2016 - Feb 2017
Working alongside the Technology Manager, I was responsible for defining the strategic direction of the conversion optimisation team, with a view of improving engagement and orders placed.
Delivered incremental optimisations to the core funnel; building on and maintaining e-Commerce conversion rates of 30-40%, across all channels.
- Added Recently Ordered section to the menu; 30% engagement, improving 1pp conversion across all journeys, shaved off 15 seconds to session.
- Added Popular section to the menu; 4% engagement, improving .5pp conversion.
- Added pre-ordering functionality to the native apps; improving weekly orders.
- Added a better Review Summary of restaurants; improving conversion by 2%.
- Worked on Recommendation engines and algorithms.
- Added landing pages to enable chain restaurants on JUST EAT: Pizza Express, Burger King etc.
Involved heavily in product discovery process, using Jobs to be Done and GV design sprints.
Highly data-driven decision making to drive business value; defining clear metrics, A/B and MVT experiments, and generating GA reports.
Facilitated and observed usability testing sessions and focus groups; validating prototypes and understanding consumer behaviour.
Comic Relief | Product Owner | http://www.comicrelief.com | Aug 2014 - Dec 2015
Reporting to the Head of Product, I was responsible for managing the product strategy for the Comic Relief fundraising platform; assessing product opportunities, working across the business to gather and prioritise requirements, and delivering the final product under tight deadlines and budgets.
- Delivered an event registration and e-Commerce platform, including Giving Pages for sponsorship, for 3 campaigns: Sport Relief 2016, Red Nose Day 2015, and Swimathon 2015.
- 175,000 registrations, £5 million in sponsorships projected for Sport Relief 2016.
- Owned the product strategy: developing a 2-3 year plan to help innovate the product, and assessing how it can be broken down into smaller components and started sooner.
- Owned the product metrics: monitoring conversion and drop-off rates to identify problem areas that needed solving.
- Being the voice of the customer: championing user centric product development to ensure the product is fit for purpose.
- Creating requirements into a backlog of user stories, and working closely with the Scrum development team to build these into sprints.
- Recruited and trained up the product team from scratch to: 6 developers, 1 designer, 1 QA and 1 Scrum Master. As a senior PM, I also helped mentor the junior PMs across the organisation.
uSwitch is the 2nd largest comparison website in the UK. The broadband comparison section has the highest traffic in its sector; with over 1,800,000 visitors and £2 million revenue each month.
Reporting to the Head of Broadband, I was responsible for owning the product strategy for the uSwitch broadband comparison channel; assessing product opportunities, working across the business to gather and prioritise requirements, and delivering the final product.
- Owned the product strategy: developed quarterly roadmaps to innovate the product, including:
- Optimising the mobile journey: re-developing a fully responsive site from scratch to cater for the high volumes of mobile and tablet traffic.
- Improving the use of data for better business decisions: delivered a number of internal reporting tools and dashboards (including a split-testing tool) to improve decision making for commercial, marketing and product teams.
- Introduction of new TV vertical: with the rising popularity of streaming and other digital TV services, a new TV comparison channel was developed from scratch.
- Improved content-driven pages - the news and article pages were redesigned and re-purposed to improve user experience and SEO rankings.
- Owned the product metrics: generating insights using metric tools such as Google Analytics and the internal split-testing tool to identify trends in traffic and user behaviour, to help steer product development.
- Being the consumer champion: set up and facilitated usability sessions to pinpoint customer issues, working with designers to develop high quality wire-frames and process flows.
- Being the product expert: using in-depth knowledge within the market (keeping up-to-date with the latest broadband products & services, competitor analysis etc) to help give context and informed decision making.
- Heading up a team of 7 designers and developers using common agile practices (Kanban).
- Not afraid to get hands dirty when necessary, such as helping out with QA and copy writing.
Check here for some examples of projects worked on.
Orange UK (now EE) | Customer Project Manager | http://business.ee.co.uk/ | Jul 2006 - Jan 2011
Reporting to the Manager of Customer Projects Facility, I was responsible for the implementation and management of technical projects for Orange Business Services (OBS), ensuring the successful completion from start to finish.
- Managing the development, maintenance and support of an internal Orange website serving over 700 employees, actively getting involved in the technical development (php, HTML, CSS, MySQL) and UX/design.
- Making sure stakeholder requirements were met, allocating and over-seeing technical resource, managing the relationship between 3rd party suppliers, prioritising workloads, providing technical support, liaising with internal teams (sales, technical, customer services etc) and being the general point of contact.
Orange UK (now EE) | Technical Graduate Scheme | http://business.ee.co.uk/ | Sept 2004 – Jun 2006
I was 1 of 12 successful candidates from over 3000 applicants across the country to secure a place on the Orange Technical Graduate Scheme. It was a 2 year scheme consisting of 5 month placements around Technical, Retail, and Marketing departments, including:
- Control & Support (Project Manager): in charge of deploying PDAs with SAP software to field engineers for tracking equipment. Provided support for end users and resolved any issues that arose.
- Marketing / Retail (Device Executive): promotion of Orange Accessories into Orange shops, analysing competitor pricing and conducting market research.
- 2011: Agile Product Management
- 2010: ITIL Service Management
- 2006: PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner
- 2005: GrIP: Graduate Impact Programme (6 week personal development programme)
Qualifications & Education
- 2000 - 2004: Kingston University
- BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology
- including 2:1 Award inc. BCS Project Prize Winner 2004
- 1996 - 2000: Sutton Valence School
- 3 A-Level’s: Business Studies (B), Geography (C), Biology (C)